Is TresMee telling the truth?






Image result for shea moisture shampoo
Introduction:
For my project I wanted to test how well other products work against my shampoo. My shampoo claims to soften, nourish, and help retain the texture of natural curly hair. For my experiment I used TRESMEE shampoo because it claims to do the same thing as my shampoo. The only difference between TRESMEE and my shampoo is the fact that TresMee has sulfates and Shea Moisture does not. 


Chemistry Research:
The three main ingredients in my shampoo are BUTYOSPERMUM PARKII, COCOS NUCIFERA OIL, and HYDROXYETHYL CELLULOSE. Butyospermum parkii is a shea butter that comes from the vitellaria tree in Africa. This ingredient helps to replenish dry skin, help hair growth, and it is an anti-aging ingredient. Cocos nucifera oil comes from coconuts and supports skin health, nourishes, moisturizes, conditions and soothes skin and hair. Hydroxyethyl cellulose is found in the cell walls of plants. This ingredient is used a thickening agent that helps all of the other ingredients stick together

Butyospermum Parkii: Image result for butyrospermum parkii chemical formula



Cocos Nucifera Oil:Image result for cocos nucifera oil



Hydroxyethyl Cellulse:Image result for hydroxyethyl cellulose chemical formula



Personal and Environmental Safety:
The afore mentioned ingredients pose no threat to the environment or my person. The ingredients actually come from the earth and are natural, they could all be used for different things. 


Experimental Procedure:
1. Wash hair with usual shampoo on Friday-Sunday 
2. Record curliness and texture of hair with comb and fingers on Monday 
3. Wash hair with TresMee on Monday and record curliness and texture with comb and fingers
4. Make video of hair difference 



Results: 
Much to my surprise, the TresMee shampoo did not follow through on all of its promises. The shampoo did soften my hair but it did not help retain my curls. Usually, the curls make it hard for me to comb through my hair but the shampoo made the combing process so easy. Sulfates are a chemical that is found in TresMee shampoo which is not  good for people with natural ethnically bred hair. I learned that sulfates are not inherently bad for the environment so there are no environmental risk factors.

Proposed Improvement:
I would recommend TresMee stop putting sulfates in their products because it is not good for all consumers. The products claim should also be revised and altered because it is not completely true seeing as though it does do what it says. The shampoo claims to soften, nourish, and help retain curly hair texture. From my evidence, I was able to find out that this claim was a lie.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Which is better Jergens Ultra Healing or Nivea Daily Moisture Lotion ?

Can Hydro cortisone hydrate your skin better than the leading brand aveeno lotion ?