Alynn Miller
Kamil Gatewood
Cosmetic Chemistry Project
02/27/19
Testable Question: Does Arm and hammer deodorant prevent odor-better than dove deodorant?
Procedure:
  1. Get all the items that's needed, Dove and Armand hammer deodorant, 91% Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol.
  2. Sterilize armpits with rubbing alcohol.
  3. Apply the Dove deodorant to the left armpit.
  4. Apply the Arm and hammer deodorant to right armpit.
  5. Workout for exactly 10 minutes.
  6. Lightly swab sweat from each armpit and see which deodorant would last longer in smelling.
  7. Observe each pit from the beginning to the end and see whats the difference between the two. Photograph and record data in the data table.
 
Chemistry Research
Parabens, Steareths, Triclosan, Propylene Glycol, tea & Dea, artificial colors.
Personal and Environmental safety
  • Breast cancer risk with antidepressants, deodorants.
  • The active aluminum based ingredients in antiperspirant deodorants temporarily plugs the sweat glands and that's how it prevents you from perspiring.
  • In 2002, one study tested increased risk of breast cancer in women who reported using antiperspirants, deodorants.

June 30, 2018 A customer from Amazon stated: "I don't usually think of myself as having sensitive skin, but a couple weeks into using this and one other natural deodorant with baking soda and my armpits got a crazy painful itchy rash. When I switch to ones without baking soda, I'm fine. I'm sad because I love the way this one smells and it was working great up until the rash. I find that natural deodorants with baking soda work better to fight odor for longer. I guess they're just not for me. If you don't have skin reactions to products with lots of baking soda though, I highly recommend this."




Experiment
We put the rubbing alcohol on my armpits to get all the bacteria out of it. Then we put an equal amount of deodorant on each armpit. We did our workout.     


Proposed Improvement
After the workout we thought the Arm and Hammer deodorant would last longer on me but, come to find out the Dove last longer and still smells better than the Arm and hammer. An improvement I think that Arm and Hammer needs is after using it shouldn't be so rough on my armpits, the people at Arm and Hammer should change some ingredients to make a softer effect on my skin like the Doves.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Which is better Jergens Ultra Healing or Nivea Daily Moisture Lotion ?

Is TresMee telling the truth?

Can Hydro cortisone hydrate your skin better than the leading brand aveeno lotion ?